Shoe Care Instructions
We hope that the following information will help you get the most out of your Duca del Cosma products.
Proper care is required to maintain and prolong the look, comfort, feel and performance of golf shoes. Both leather and synthetic golf shoes must be thoroughly cleaned and properly stored between rounds in order to prolong their look and lifespan.
Pre-Round Shoe Care
Use a shoe horn when putting on your golf shoes. This will protect the heel counter of the shoe. Damage to the heel counter can cause improper fit in the heel which can lead to blistering and overall discomfort.
Post-Round Shoe Cleaning & Care
Never wash in the washing machine. Immersion and exposure to detergents can attack the stitching and bonding agents within the products.
Clean leather golfing shoes after each round by removing dirt and residue using our Duca del Cosma Shoe Care Kit.
Clean synthetic golfing shoes after each round. Use water and a clean cloth or sponge. Dry the surface with a soft lint-free cloth or towel.
If your shoes have become soaked during a round, allow to air dry at room temperature. Remove the footbed. Place crumpled newspaper inside for 8-10 hours to soak up all excess water. NEVER dry your shoes using a blow-dryer, or by putting them on any external heat source. Excessive heat can damage both the uppers and the outsoles. Likewise, do not place your shoes in direct sunlight to dry, but rather allow them to air-dry in a shaded area or indoors.
Once dried, remove newspaper, replace with a shoe tree and use shoe protector.
The linings used in Duca del Cosma products are made from breathable material that requires little or no maintenance. Foot moisture is absorbed and the drying process is quick due to the breathable nature of the linings.
- Remove the laces when cleaning.
- Remove the inner sole when cleaning your golf shoes.
- Rotate shoes between rounds - properly maintained, the rotation of two pairs of shoes will last much longer than twice the life of a single pair.
- Ensure the laces are undone before you remove the product from your feet. This will retain the shape and durability of the product.
- Do not store your golf shoes in your car trunk, where high or low temperatures can break down shoe materials resulting in decreased lifespan of your shoes.
- We recommend leaving shoe trees in your golfing shoes at all times when shoes are not in use.
Manual for using the Duca del Cosma Premium Shoe Care Kit:
With Duca del Cosma’s premium shoe care kit, your golf shoes will get the care they need to stay clean, look good and be protected from the elements.
When purchasing one of our premium shoe care kits, you will receive:
- Duca Shoe Brush
- Duca Shoe Cleaner
- Duca Shoe Protector
- Duca Neutral Shoe Polish
1. Shoe brush
The brush loosens and removes debris, preventing it from coating your shoes
2. Shoe Cleaner
The gentle cleaning formula removes dirt and diminishes stains. Safe to use on leather, canvas, nylon, rubber, vinyl and nylon mesh, our premium shoe cleaner nourishes and protects all the materials of your shoe.
Instructions for use:
- Use the dry cleaning brush supplied with your kit to remove any loose/excess dirt;
- Dip the cleaning brush into a bowl of water to rinse and dampen;
- Apply a liberal amount of Duca Shoe Cleaner to the brush;
- Gently scrub shoes creating a foaming action;
- Wipe clean with a cloth – repeat steps 1-5 as needed;
- Allow your footwear to air dry for 24 hours.
3. Shoe Protector
Our shoe protection formula is effective on all types of materials and will prevent the discolouration of your footwear by utilising an invisible nano-coating. Our carefully crafted oil-based solution forms a UV resistant and water-repellent barrier, ensuring the preservation of your favourite Duca footwear.
Instructions for use:
- Apply the shoe protector
- Allow to air dry for 24 hours.
4. Neutral Polish
Shines, nourishes & protects.
Instructions for use:
- Apply after using Duca Shoe Cleaner and allowing to air dry;
- Shake the bottle well before use;
- Push the top of the bottle down and press the red button to release the polish;
- Apply a small amount of the polish on your shoes and rub in using a circular motion.
For further questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org